Saturday, February 24, 2024

I wasn't made for Winter




post signature

So true!  I have been struggling with Seasonal Affect Disease since December.  I have been depressed, stressed, and behind in all my Christmas responsibilities, and barely got my Advent ribbons made for my family this year. 
   I did hear from one of my widow friends that she was afraid that I was mad at her since she didn't get one this past Christmas.
 I lost a friend one year when I had diverticulitis and barely got the ribbons for my family that year.  I gave her a ribbon the following year and she told me very bluntly that she did not want it.  I told her to give it to someone else or throw it away.  I have not made her one since that time nor will I ever.
    I was afraid of this very thing but was barely holding on so couldn't do all the extra for friends.  I dread the day when I can't make them for my family and grandchildren.  I always tell myself I need to start earlier (like in October) and I never do.  
   This year I thought I would make Valentine's tea bags. Still might, but at the rate of my speed and motivation, it will probably be Mother's Day before they are delivered.  Growing old is definitely not for sissies.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com