Saturday, April 01, 2017

Fifth Day of Our Savannah Adventure

Today is Wednesday and we deliberately tried not to overbook ourselves.  We made a trip to the bookstore at Armstrong State University to get our daughter Becky a tee shirt from her alma mater before they merge with Georgia Southern and change the name.

We also went to World Market.  I love this store as it is a feast for the eyes.  I was also interested in getting something interesting for the grands from Savannah that I thought they might like.  We found toys, games, jewelry, and exotic foods.



We went to visit my mentor and one of my all time favorite people Anna Betz.  I have always told Anna when I grow up I want to be her.  We had a great visit and prayer with her.  Saying goodbye is always hard but I know she prays for me daily.  She baked us some cookies for our trip back home.




We went to the Wednesday night dinner at the Henderson Campus where I met up with Linda Vaccaro.  We talked for hours on what God is doing in her life.  I had "holy ghost bumps " from listening to her experiences.  She is now a chaplain with the Billy Graham emergency ground crews.  They go in after a disaster to minister to the people in that area.  She will be amazing in this capacity.

Mr. Wonderful had several opportunities to minister to several young men at the church.  He was quite excited at the opportunity and gratified that he could speak truth into their life and pray with them.  We came home happy but exhausted.

We plan on leaving tomorrow morning to head back to Tennessee.  The trip has been exhausting but also greatly rewarding.  God is good all the time.  All the time God is good.

Goodnight from Savannah!




0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com