Sunday, March 08, 2015

My super power


I love this picture and the sentiment behind it.  Too often I sell myself short thinking of all the things I can't do that I forget about the things that are really my superpowers.

For instance, I pray much better than I communicate.   It really has nothing to do with me other than being aligned to the Holy Spirit in order to pray and intercede for others.

I learned to pray at an early age.  It was "a way to extend time with my dad".  My dad was in the military so wasn't home most nights.  When he was home he would put us to bed and hear our prayers.  If I wasn't ready to go to bed I would extend my prayers to "Blessing everyone individually by name some times two or three times in the same prayer."

In Sunday School I was the primary kid who would pray out loud in class.  Most of my friends were either too shy or would refuse.  I never felt self conscious about praying out loud but I suspected it was because I had so much practice every night at bedtime.

  I come from a long line of faithful Godly women who prayed.  As my mom ages ( now at 88) she tells me about certain problems that she has prayed about and how God answers her prayers and the prayers of widows.  I know my Grandmother Carden was an intercessor even when she was bedridden in the last few years of her life.

As a registered nurse I am a trained observer.  As a disciple of Christ I want to be diligent to intercede for those that God puts in my path.  I have learned to pray immediately whenever God puts a person or thought into my head.  If I am talking on the phone with that person I make it a point to pray with them right then and there.  (Often times when I pray immediately the urgency is gone and I no longer need to continue to intercede with that request.)

Thank you Lord that my super power is also my spiritual gift.  Help me to use it wisely and often.




0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com