Thursday, November 20, 2008

Well Celebrated!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, comments, emails, ecards, cards, phone calls and personal greetings. I was well celebrated.

My friend and neighbor Beckie came over . We did some research on cameras as I am looking for a newer one. We went to Chick-fil-a for lunch (my favorite place) and shared a brownie thinking it would be my only birthday cake.

I found this great purple jacket for half price so I bought it. Melli and MIL arrived in my drive way about 3 pm. When I pulled into my drive way I found helium balloons tied to the porch as well as a Chocolate cake!

Note the cool spiral candles! Fortunately Melli only put 12 candles on it so a potential fire hazard was averted. We had a birthday dinner at Red Lobster which was delicious and Melli and I talked and laughed long into the night.

This morning we ran the street of Staunton going to a wonderful quilting store and then to a glass blowing store where we actually watched several pieces being made. We had lunch at the train depot grill . We had a grilled veggie sandwich with portabello mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and mozerella cheese. My eyes were bigger than my stomach so I brought most of my lunch home.

All to quickly I had to say goodbye to Melli and send her on her way home.

My love language is time. The idea that Melli would drive 4 hours to spend the day with me just blesses me more than I can ever express.

Spending time with some of my favorite girlfriends was definitely a high point of my day. Thanks to every one for making me feel special.

11 comments:

Melli said...

Hi Honey! I'm hooooooome! OY! Traffic on 495 was miserable! But I did stop several times on 340 to get some of the pics I wanted! That LUNCH today was just toooooo darned good! I think I'm comin' back for dinner!

Dennis asked Mom how her trip was and she said "well, we just went down the street and back!" ROFLMBO!!!

Jane said...

AWWWW! I am so glad your birthday was a happy one and well celebrated.
If anyone deserves it you do!
Love you dear friend.

Pear tree cottage! said...

Daisy hello there is birthday cake all over the world this week so from one birthday girl to another - "Happy Birthday!" from Australia my friend.

Lee-ann

mompoet said...

Happy belated birthday, Daisy. I'm glad to hear you had a lovely day with such good friends.
mp

MaR said...

Happy belated birthday to youuuuuu!! glad to read you had a fun-tastic bday and a wonderful day.
:)

Carole Burant said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful birthday and how delightful that Melli was able to come spend time with you to help you celebrate:-) All that food you mentioned is making my stomach growl, reminding me it hasn't had its breakfast yet! lol xoxo

Baba said...

wow.. you look very pretty in your purple jacket... love it!! It looks like your birthday was great and I know that Melli made it extra special..hugs, Baba

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Happy Birthday a couple of days late! I was just reading about your adventures with Melli and wanted to comment on your beautiful purple jacket. It really goes great with your pretty hair color. Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda said...

Happy belated Birthday!!! I'm sure having Melli there to help you celebrate made it extra special!

I love your purple jacket. One of my favorite colors.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi! I came over from Sandy's blog. Happy Birthday Daisy. Wishing you best of health.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great day! Sorry I'm late with birthday wishes, but I hope you have a wonderful year.

Happy Thanksgiving as well.

 
design by suckmylolly.com