Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I've always wanted a Yellow Lab!



You Are a Labrador Retriever
You are very optimistic. You approach life with enthusiasm and vigor. You aim to please, and you are a very quick learner. You can be a bit rowdy and unruly, especially when you don't get enough exercise. While you are a bit wild, you're never dangerous. You are a truly gentle creature.

When I was a little girl my grandmother came to visit us one year for Christmas. I was really excited about Santa coming and had my list all ready to recite just in case anyone asked. I remember asking my grandmother what she wanted for Christmas. She would always laugh and answer "I want a yellow dog named Towser." One evening we went to see Santa and tell him what we wanted for Christmas. I naturally recited my list of "must-haves" and just as I was getting down I hastily added and my grandmother wants "a yellow dog named Towser!"

I noticed that the adults all around me were laughing except grandmother. It seems that Santa had a microphone on his lapel and so everyone could hear what each child said. On Christmas morning I don't know who was more surprised...Me or my grandma. Under the tree unwrapped was a yellow slinky dog with a bow around his neck and a tag that read to Grandma from Santa. The dog had a big name tag that said " Towser. "

6 comments:

Jane said...

How cool is that! What a wonderful memory!

Melli said...

THAT Santa! He is sooooooo smart! And he has a good memory too! How cool!

I took the quiz -- and amazingly I was not a Black Lab - which I thought surely I would be! No, instead I am a BOXER! It said...

You are playful and energetic. You bring joy to everyone who crosses your path. You are hyper to the point of being a comedian. Everyone is wondering what you will do next.

You energy can get the better of you if you're not careful. You can have a destructive streak when you're bored. You're very strong willed and powerful. You get you way without even trying to.

Melli said...

I just gotta tell ya this test is DUMB! I gave the test to Dennis and his answers were all different than mine - but it said HE's a BOXER too!!! DUMB! We can't BOTH be Boxers!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well you would be a well behaved and well loved doggie for sure!! Your grandmother story is cute!! I think she really wanted a real one..don't you??

Baba said...

Well, I was a boxer too... and I don't like boxers with their drooling mouths.your grandmother's story is cute, but she did not get a real dog...have a good night.hugs,
Baba

Gattina said...

What a nice Christmas gift !!
I tried the test too and am a BOXER, lol !!

 
design by suckmylolly.com