Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen....13 Useless but interesting facts


13 Useless but Interesting Facts

1. A pig's orgasm last 30 minutes. (In my next life, I want to be a pig.)

2. A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy, but I'm still not over the pig.)

3. Banging your head against the wall uses 150 calories an hour. ( Don't try this at home, maybe at work.)

4. The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds. ( What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

5. Some lions mate over 50 times a day. ( I still want to be a pig in my next life....quality over quantity)

6. Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I always wanted to know.)

7. Right -handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people. ( If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

8. Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump. (Okay, so that would be a good thing.)

9. A cat's urine glows under a black light. (I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

10. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that!)

11. Starfish have no brians. ( I know some people like that too!)

12. Polar bears are left-handed. (If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)

13. The human heart crates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet. (Ewwww)

Now that you've smiled at least once, spread these crazy facts to someone else you want to bring a smile to , maybe even a chuckle.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



24 comments:

Jane said...

Don't forget....when you come back as a pig, wear lipstick!!!!
Now you have me worried...I'm left handed!

Lori said...

Lets hear it for pigs!!! But I wonder where the G spot is???? lol...cockroaches are disgusting...good Lord. Great list. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)

storyteller said...

Fun list ... I especially enjoyed your associated comments ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

YellowRose said...

I really stopped focusing after reading about the pig.....my mind just wouldn't take in anything else! LOL Oh to be a pig.

srp said...

And here I thought left-handed people were the only ones in their "right" mind!

My only question about the pig is.... why would they need one... of any length?

Ruth said...

What a great list, thanks for the laughs!

Anonymous said...

I don't believe there is such a thing as totally useless information. For example, your information informed and amused us.

Yes, I want to be a pig too!

Meju said...

I want to be a right handed pig...I want to be a right handed pig....etc. , Thanks for the laughs!

Anonymous said...

I'm joining the pig line.

Do we really want to know who was hired to study pig orgasms?

Anonymous said...

Wow. Go Pigs.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I think you've just convinced us all to be reincarnated as pigs. LOL! Great list. Happy TT!

Gattina said...

hahaha ! that's really funny ! if n° 9 was true I don't need to lighten candles ! and about the pig .... no comment !

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I just received this email this morning. I have read these "facts" before. Am off to Precepts this morning, then to Curves to walk and exercise again!! Oh how I hate to exercise!!

Sandy

LA Day said...

Great TT! I want to be a pig too.

Patsy said...

Yes, that is a great book and those are all useless bits of info that we all seem to love! I nosed around on your blog site a little since this is the first time I've stopped by. You have a very cute granddaughter! I agree with your position on prayer needed for our politicians and what a wonderful experience to send the supplies to Ethiopia. Our church as been involved in similar projects. God bless you and your husband as you do His work. :)

Emma Sanders said...

I've heard the think about the pig before, but lots of other things I didn't know. Great list!

Anonymous said...

Most of these I did not know! Great list idea and happy TT :)

Qtpies7 said...

I knew most of these, but the pig one? That rocks! But how on earth do they know??? Huh??? That's what I want to know.
I totally agree, though, quality over quantity.

Melli said...

Ella said to tell you SHE jumps! :P

bernieg1 said...

Well I will never feel sorry for a PIG again - lipstick or not!

My TT this is week is about the 13 Myths of Sarah Palin

Mia Celeste said...

LOL, these are funny. Thanks for the chuckles.

Baba said...

I learned a lot from your lists today..no wonder pigs go around squealing, they have been having fun...sign me up for their fun time!!!! hugs, Baba

Talk..to..Grams said...

I had to smile at all these facts! My Mom was left handed and she lived to be 88 almost 89! Not to worry!! Love, Grams

Susan said...

Too funny, Daisy! Thanks for sharing. I admit I was stunned after the pig...but am so glad I kept on reading.

Hugs,

Susan

 
design by suckmylolly.com