Monday, July 21, 2008

Us in LOVE


We had a wonderful romantic getaway in Philadelphia this past weekend. It was very hot and the fountain behind us looked very inviting. This was taken at Love Park in downtown Philadelphia on Sunday. The heat index was about 100 degrees that day and for a lark I wore a pedometer hoping to get at least 10,000 steps. Would you believe we ended up with 19,384? (that translates into about 9 and 1/2 miles!)

We stayed in the Historical District and walked the square mile of history. We rode a double decker tour bus to see most of the sites, we also rode a ferry over to Camden, New Jersey to see the Aquarium. We got our share of cheese steaks, history, crazy pictures, Ben Franklin, as well as sore muscles and blisters.



Mr. Wonderful and I read several books on Ben Franklin, his politics, and inventions. My favorite was called, "Stealing God's Thunder". Isn't that a great title? As you can see I'm still quite smitten with the man and his accomplishments. I was very disappointed not to be able to see the huge statue of him that has been on display at the Franklin Institute. It is not on display while they are renovating the building and won't be till 2010.





I caught up with Ben at the National Constitution Center where I whispered to him some words of advice on how to vote. He seemed most appreciative.






We saw the Constitution Cow (located in the Visitors Center) and as you can see Mr. Wonderful decided to "milk it for all it was worth".







I got to see what Rosie the Riveter must have felt like at the Independence Sea Museum .







Mr. Wonderful had the opportunity to "bring out his inner Shark" at the Aquarium.










Over all we decided that we make a pretty good team in the game of life. We have some really wonderful memories of Philadelphia . Hope you are making some great memories this summer too. More later....just wanted you all to know we are back safely.

8 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

What a great time! It looks hot.
BTW: You are looking pretty darned good, Miss Daisy! Your face is thinning out along with the rest of you. You should be very proud of all your hard work.
xo
LBC

Melli said...

Ohhhhhh you two make history look like way too much fun!!! I'm glad your weekend was all you were hoping for! You are looking sooooo good my friend! I'm so proud of you!!!

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thanks for telling me about your trip! I am so glad I came over and got to look at your pictures! How nice you all got to get away for a weekend! It looks like you all had a really good time!!
Wow You are losing weight!! Looking so good!! Love and hugs Grams

Baba said...

Wow...how great was your trip and the time spent with each other is priceless..both of you are looking a lot thinner...walking does do wonders for a body..I want to start a walking routine...thanks for sharing all of your special moments with us.
love ya and hugs, Baba

Linda said...

Glad your romantic weekend was that you hoped. Philadelphia is a great city to get lost in history.

I agree with everyone that we are seeing a lot less of you. You really look great.

Thanks for sharing.

Carole Burant said...

Now that's what I call a fun getaway:-) I love the pictures and the fun you both had posing for them! lol I went to Philadelphia 5 years ago and had such a great time visiting the historical district...got to see the Liberty Bell as well as Independence Hall. I would love to be able to go back one day:-) xoxo

Jane said...

It looks like the two of you had a fabulous time. What a wonderful place to visit. The best thing is you both got away and had some time to yourselves.
BTW.....you are looking MAHvalous, dahling!!!!
Thanks for the prayers...don't stop.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so fun! :)

I'm glad you two are still so in love. Congrats.

 
design by suckmylolly.com