Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm so vane


When most people drive down a country lane they look at the landscape, the flowers, the animals and houses. Not me.....I check out the roof for weather vanes. I have become quite fascinated by them and have been doing some research on them.

When Mr. Wonderful asked me what I wanted for "Mother's Day" I promptly told him a weather vane and even showed him the web site , which one I wanted and he SURPRISED me and ordered it. My weather vane has been sitting in the box waiting for just the right time to be put on the roof.

I think I should add here that :

  1. Mr. Wonderful is not good with heights and especially roofs.
  2. Mr. Wonderful is not good at asking for help.
  3. We have a tin roof which gets hotter as the day progresses.
  4. Mr. Wonderful was already tired from loading a container on Thursday.
  5. I am simply ground control, hold the ladder, and call EMS.
By now you are probably thinking that I should make my weather vane a garden ornament an
call it a day. I am nothing if not persistent, so I called my good friend and neighbor Beckie and she talks to her hubby Mike and the next thing I know I hear the pitter -patter of little feet on the roof (no, it wasn't Santa).

What followed was a lot of male bonding and anxiety. We call our home the Nest so I choose a Hen with chicks to top our cottage. I'm happy to announce the mother hen is now properly displayed on the roof summit and no one was hurt in the process.

10 comments:

mompoet said...

That's perfect, Daisy! I am happy to know that you have our own weather vane, so right for The Nest, and glad that everyone is safe and sound.
mp

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

How pretty that is!! I don't blame you for wanting it where it rightfully belongs..on the roof!! I would not have the heart to ask Mike to do it. Not on this high house..just having ours painted is indeed the best thing EVER!! I know it must look great up there. I love the picture. THank goodness that Mike is handy with roofs!! smile
Hope your day is going great!! Wonderful weekend so far here. Miss you as always, Sandy

Ladybug Crossing said...

Daisy,
It's awesome!!!
I need a ladybug weather vane. ;-)
xo
LBC

Baba said...

wow... that weather vane looks great on top of your house...I love it....
I had a good time at my 45th nurse's reunion yesterday...I will post some pictures later..hugs, Baba

Melli said...

How COOL! I love it! Does W even point West and E even point East? Bravo for Mr. Beckie and Mr. Wonderful!!!

Melli said...

Oh. Yea. I'm HOOOOOOME!

Amber Star said...

I love your wind vane...and I'm so glad I'm not the only one that uses one. Mine is a horse and is on top of my shed. My shed is not a working shed, but the wind vane is invaluable for when I'm expecting a front. I love mine and my sister gave it to me for my birthday many many years ago. Congratulations on your new one and the chicken with chicks is so thoughtful for the nest, your home.

Linda said...

How cool!!! And, Bravo for Mr. Wonderful surprising you with this present.

I posted an award for you on Saturday. I'm just getting here to tell you about it. Hope you can stop by and pick it up. I also posted some great news yesterday.

YellowRose said...

That is the perfect weathervane for you!! And he is wonderful. isn't he! I'm so glad they got it up and EMS was not needed! LOL

Miss you!

what_zit_tooya said...

Same here. When i drive down a country lane or in town i allways look out for weather vanes too

 
design by suckmylolly.com