Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fruit Pizza and Strawberry Cream Pie

This is the Fruit Pizza I am taking to New York!

Every Summer I get in a panic because it is strawberry season and I don't remember where I put our favorite strawberry recipes. So I decided to go ahead and post this on my blog so next summer I can look it up on my own blog.

Fruit Pizza

1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or other flavoring (almond, orange, or lemon)
Fresh fruit (your choice) well drained
1/2 cup orange, peach or apricot preserves

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line an ungreased 14 inch pizza pan with cookie dough. Bake 12 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract, spread over cool cookie crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer in any design you want.

In a small saucepan over very low heat, make a glaze by heating preserves and water. Brush glaze over fruit, making sure to cover the fruit that will turn dark. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This is the low calorie fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie I'm taking.

Single graham cracker crust
8 oz reduced calorie cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup egg substitute
3 Tbs of Honey
1 tsp of vanilla
3 1/2 cups of sliced strawberries
1 Tbs corn starch
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup reduced sugar Strawberry jam

Mix cream cheese, egg substitute, honey, and vanilla together till smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust and bake 15 to 18 minutes. Cool until room temperature.

Arrange strawberries on top of cream cheese filling.

Mix Corn Starch, and water until smooth. Stir in preserves and bring to a boil. Continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes until mixture is thick. Spoon over berries and and chill for 2 hours.

5 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Sounds good!! I know that you are gone so here is hoping you are happy and enjoying your family.

Sandy

Carmen said...

I think you need to bring those deserts to RICHMOND on your way home. ;)

Amber Star said...

Oh my good gravy that looks wonderful!! Others say you are not home or still busy with family, have so much fun with them.

Melli said...

Olly Olly Oxen Free!!!

Linda said...

Both sounds sooo yummy!

 
design by suckmylolly.com