Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

1. Mr. Wonderful and I arrived in Savannah on Friday evening just in time to keep Floozie and her Mr. from watching the last 10 minutes of a movie that had been watching for 2 hours and eat their left over pizza (what are friends for!) After a long gab session where I gave hugs from all of Floozie's Blog friends (boy was I exhausted.... that's a lot of hugging!) we went to bed .

2. Saturday morning we went exploring Savannah. There have been lots of changes in the last year. We also went to our favorite place to eat, Hironos....basically a whole in the wall place with great food. It's always on my short list of favorites whenever we are in Savannah. There dinner portions are huge so I've been enjoying it for the last 3 meals. Mr. Wonderful got his fill of squid salad. He offered to share but why take away the thrill of something he enjoys and only gets bigger in my mouth while I chew it.


3. Mr. Wonder and I got our eyes checked and new glasses. We have an amazing friend who gives us a great deal on glasses. The optometrist was wonderful and gave us the best exam we have ever had. She told me that the blood pressure medication that I take is a very old one and I need to be careful if I get my eyes dilated because the medication that they use could kill me instantly. Wow! That was good information to know! She dilated my eyes and gave me a card to carry in my wallet whenever I get my eyes checked. It had been 6 years so it was definitely overdue. I get my new glasses on Tuesday.


4. We went to the Movies today and saw Prince Caspian. I was disappointed that the movie was so different from the book. It's been a long time since I read the book so I'll definitely check it out again and see if I just forgot most of it. Asland was awesome and was the best part of the movie for me.

5. We have been camping out at church the last two days trying to see as many people as possible. Tomorrow we will be going to two Small Groups and out to lunch with old friends. For the next 5 days I'll be everyone's favorite lunch date. Thought you'd like a peek at our weekend. Stay tuned for updates and pictures. As always, Savannah is a whirlwind of activities with old friends.

7 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

Have fun with Floozie! Give her another hug for me, k?
xo
LBC

Melli said...

Well! I'm sO glad you had that eye exam! I had NO idea that the optometrist was actually out to KILL my play mate! Sheeeeeesh!

If I was there IIIIIIII would be YOUR favorite lunch date... but I'm not jealous or anything... don't worry... I'm fine....

MaR said...

It was scary to read your nr. 3...
Have fun, fun and nothing but fun!!

Linda said...

OMG!!! I had no idea that the meds we take could kill us when we get our eyes dilated. Guess that's why the optometrist asks what meds we are on.

Enjoy your time with Floozie!!

Susan said...

Wow...that blood pressure med thing is quite scary!! I've missed you, but am glad to see that you're having fun in GA. Of course, that's to be expected when that "FUN FLIP FLOP FLOOZIE" is around!!!!

Hugs,

Susan

Anonymous said...

God and his timing -- I am so glad they are able to make you aware of what something that is suppose to be a GOOD thing could do. I know whenever we take any medicine, we are at risk, but still. Who would have thought of a connection between the meds you take and getting your eyes dialated. Kinda like the first time I took an antibodic after going on Coumadin. My cardiologist was NOT impressed. But I didn't know that I had to be extra careful when taking the two. Live and learn.

Sounds like you are having a great time with Sandy. Have enjoyed reading her blog and everything you guys have done thus far.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you asre a busy lady.

I learn something new here all the time, who knew eye exams are deadly?

I got new glasses too!

 
design by suckmylolly.com