
I am married to a "Worst Case Scenario's" kind of guy. No movie, or "made for TV program "comes on that pits the hero against the bad guys that he is not asking me..."What would you do in that situation?"
First and foremost....this girl will never be trampling along in the Amazon with blood thirsty pirates chasing her, never be climbing a mountain during an avalanche, or be involved with international jewel thieves. So why should I be wondering what I would do should this occur? Mr. Wonderful is always prepared. He loves the worst case scenario books and our children feed his passion with every new book that comes out. They however, do not live with him and do not have to hear every solution for every situation (even ones that have occurred throughout history!)
Maybe I should be worried about what to do during a nuclear attack or tornado. My solution is to call very loudly "Oh Mr. Wonderful!!" with an alarming clarity and volume and of course "be prayed up!" at a moments notice.
I remember asking my dad as a teenager should we be building a bomb shelter as Norfolk was the largest Naval Base installation in the US at one time. He looked at me rather puzzled and said, "Well, honey if the bomb doesn't get you the tidal wave will!"
Somehow that wasn't very comforting to me.
Lately I've been aware of some problem situations that my friends and family have been going through that seem insurmountable. These are the four points I choose to focus on.
Choose to trust that God is bigger, smarter and more loving than you can imagine. God loves us and He always keeps His promises. Read and reread God's promises to you. Fill your mind with them.
Resist the temptation to worship the problem. (It's easy to get so focused on a problem that we talk about it endlessly instead of praying about it and focusing on God's ability to handle it.)
Regain your joy and peace: Focus on God-on who He is and what He has done for you-and worship Him. Keep His ability, not the problem's overwhelming nature, in the forefront of your mind.
Pray, thank God, and let Him take care of it! "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."- Philippians 4:6,7
Works for me!

5 comments:
Daisy - I like those worst case scenario books too, but I only have one of them, I didn't know there were more. Sounds like you guys are covered no matter what.
Works for me too! HOWEVER... I don't think you should discount Mr. Wonderful's questions and teachings just like *snap* that! Mr. Wonderful may have a wee fear in the back of his mind (rightfully so) that a certain REDHEAD (who shall remain nameless for the moment) MAY ... possibly... have a strong desire to .... say ... visit Savannah this Summer? And she MAY ... probably... wonder if you might have time to take a ROAD TRIP! And then you never KNOW what avalncherous mountains you may haver to climb... or other stuff! The world is BIG Daisy... LIFE happens! I think Mr. Wonderful is RIGHT to cover the bases! *nods*
OK, I got it. I'm going to copy this and paste it up EVERYWHERE because I need to read it again and again and again and....!
Love you and I'm looking forward to Thursday!
What wonderful words of wisdom, Daisy. Sometimes it is hard to see God in the midst of our difficulties but He so wants to hold us and comfort us and help us, if we would just let Him.
Love you!
This is so good! I've had such bad news this week of insurmountable problems that won't go away for people I care about. I'll tape this to my forehead. Well, maybe just stick it in my purse, 'cause I can't read it the other way.
Post a Comment