A weekly meme for giving thanks and/or for noting important events in our lives.
Too Blessed to Be Stressed Edition
Play Along?
Too Blessed to Be Stressed Edition
Play Along?
1. Many Saturdays we
will have a group of volunteers to help at the mission. This means that we also have to give up our Saturday. Last weekend we had a group of 20 girls from Maryland (Pioneer Girls) who spent the weekend cleaning, sorting, organizing, moving items and running items up and down stairs. We refer to this group as "our cleaning tornadoes!" This is especially encouraging to us as most of our work gets done through the help of volunteers.
2. We weren't able to pick up our car this weekend as we are having to replace the transmission. Because we were able to get such a good deal on the car there is money available to repair whatever needs to be repaired. How we praise God that there is money set aside!

3. Guess who had a date with Mr. Wonderful? If you said "ME" give your self a gold star. We were able to go to Harrisonburg and pick up a battery for the cordless phone, a card reader (so I can transfer my pictures off the camera) and go eat at Chick-fil-a! Hardly memorable except it is a very rare occurrence and one that was noticed and appreciated.

4. This Saturday was a leisurely Saturday. The stay in your PJ's and do what you want to do Saturday. To celebrate I baked muffins for breakfast. I even had time to play around in my archives and title posts, categorize them and add pictures to early posts. I still have a long ways to go considering I'm up to 782 posts.

5. I had a chance to talk with all my "chicks" this week. Because our children are so scattered (Canada and New York) it's often hard to get a hold of everyone. It was good to hear from each of them and to know what is going on in their lives. We are blessed that our grown kids share so openly with us.
6. I am really enjoying the Community Ladies Bible Study . We are studying the Book of Daniel in a Beth Moore Video series. It has been a wonderful study and very insightful. I am so blessed to be attending this study with two wonderful friends (thanks for driving Beckie!)

7. The Lord provided 800 dollars to be able to pay the dentist for my crown. It is such a relief not to have to make payments. Having no dental insurance really stretches your faith. Thank you Lord for the unexpected check. I'm too blessed to be stressed! Hope your week went well.
2. We weren't able to pick up our car this weekend as we are having to replace the transmission. Because we were able to get such a good deal on the car there is money available to repair whatever needs to be repaired. How we praise God that there is money set aside!

3. Guess who had a date with Mr. Wonderful? If you said "ME" give your self a gold star. We were able to go to Harrisonburg and pick up a battery for the cordless phone, a card reader (so I can transfer my pictures off the camera) and go eat at Chick-fil-a! Hardly memorable except it is a very rare occurrence and one that was noticed and appreciated.
4. This Saturday was a leisurely Saturday. The stay in your PJ's and do what you want to do Saturday. To celebrate I baked muffins for breakfast. I even had time to play around in my archives and title posts, categorize them and add pictures to early posts. I still have a long ways to go considering I'm up to 782 posts.

5. I had a chance to talk with all my "chicks" this week. Because our children are so scattered (Canada and New York) it's often hard to get a hold of everyone. It was good to hear from each of them and to know what is going on in their lives. We are blessed that our grown kids share so openly with us.
6. I am really enjoying the Community Ladies Bible Study . We are studying the Book of Daniel in a Beth Moore Video series. It has been a wonderful study and very insightful. I am so blessed to be attending this study with two wonderful friends (thanks for driving Beckie!)
7. The Lord provided 800 dollars to be able to pay the dentist for my crown. It is such a relief not to have to make payments. Having no dental insurance really stretches your faith. Thank you Lord for the unexpected check. I'm too blessed to be stressed! Hope your week went well.


8 comments:
I'm glad you were able to have a nice relaxing Saturday. Mine was relaxing too. I love peaceful weekends.
Great. So much fun to have a relaxing Saturday. Becky kids and I went downtown Savannah for a bit to the First Saturday!! Great weather for it too. Glad to hear things are okay. Just wish that car would come for you..but in God's time I know Friend..Sandy
I enjoyed reading your SUNDAY SEVEN. My kids are grown, too - although we're lucky that they both live within a few miles of us. Glad your dental work was paid for. I'm glad you're a part of Sunday Seven.
What wonderful blessings- thanks for sharing your weekend
You are truly blessed Daisy girl! I was especially glad that YOU had the date with Mr. Wonderful....I was sweating there for a minute!!
I have done that particular Bible Study and it is awesome.
Your prayers are so much appreciated and they are working. I am doing well.
Love ya to pieces.
Glad you had a relaxing day yesterday...we did the running! Good news too about the dental bill~WHEW!
Have a great evening!
Wow! You've had a great week! All except for not getting the car... but at least you know when you DO get the car it will run great! So that's good!
I think your entire lifestyle is an amazing act of faith! I'm thrilled to hear that your dental bill got paid! That is WONDERFUL!!!
greetings and blessings and paying a reciprocal visit from our inn to yours :) My father in law was a minister as well and his mom is joyful as you are. Thanx for sharing your Sunday with me .
GP in Montana
PS I'm going to e-you off line about "Wordless"
Post a Comment