Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen....Overly Sensitive?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(banner by Reverberate58)

Lately I've found myself to be overly sensitive and easily offended. I've blamed the heat, overly active hormones, fatigue, lack of chocolate and my new eating plan. Surely it couldn't be my fault? Here's a great list of questions I found in the book "How to get your husband to talk to you" by Nancy Cobb and Connie Grigby.

  1. Do your feelings get hurt more than once a day?
  2. Do you want to "get even" with people who hurt your feelings?
  3. Do you hold onto grudges longer than a day?
  4. Do you readily accept the apologies of those who offend you?
  5. Do you pout?
  6. Do you withdraw from your "offender"?
  7. Do you give your offended the silent treatment?
  8. Do you sometimes forget why you got mad in the first place?
  9. Do you let others treatment of you affect the way you treat them?
  10. Do you withhold forgiveness until the one who hurt you apologizes?
  11. Do little hurts bother you?
  12. Do you become defensive regarding constructive criticism?
  13. Do people have to tread lightly around you?
Or do you prefer to think of yourself as a sensitive person? I prefer to think of myself as "Chocolate Deprived.....So Back Off!" That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

21 comments:

Crayonsetc said...

I think I can relate to a few of those ;) I'm not sensative... just emotional ;)

Happy TT!!

YellowRose said...

Blame it on the lack of chocolate and tell everyone else to "Back off!" ;) I got your back sis!!!

I'll send chocolate if I need too, you know when in times of need, it's ok to indulge alittle! ;) That's my philosophy anyway!

Love ya!

K said...

Hmmm. Something to think about... I can relate to a few of those, unfortunately.

Have a great Thursday!!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I think I too can relate to most of them. Sometimes when you've changed your eating habits, you become cranky because of some nutrients that are not in the food you're eating now. Or sometimes you might be having PMS? I do sometimes feel this way. I just tend to consider it over sensitive for the day.
My TT13 is up too.

Pixie said...

Yeah I'd blame it on the lack of chocolate too. Since marriage counseling I've learned how to cope with most of those on the list 9 & 12 still get me sometimes; especially when it's my Mom trying to "help" me. However most of that changes when I'm dieting & the rest of the house is sitting at the table eating banana splits. *sigh*

My TT is up. Have a great day! :-)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I think that the reasons that you stated: I've blamed the heat, overly active hormones, fatique, lack of chocolate and my new eating plan......
those I believe are the problems....seriously I think that and being chocolate deprived have a LOT to do with it...We women are a complexed makeup...We need some of that to just survive you know.
My TT is up!! Somehow I thought of something..Remember our talk on TT? Well something just popped out of this brain matter of mine...Have a great day...Just me again

Melli said...

Mostly I tend to be pretty even tempered and generally happy. But when I was depressed ... wait, let me restate that... when I'm not ON my anti-depressant, THEN I can answer in the affirmative to just about every question!!! But ON my happy pills - I truly am a happy easy going person. Of course, I no longer have to deal with PMS! And THAT makes a huge difference too! And I left you a fabulous recipe for a very fullfilling chocolate treat in your other blog!!! I hope you try it -- even the NON-dieters in my home LOVE it!

Jane said...

For the life of me I do not know what you mean by this.....I am hurt and I might even be mad!!!!!!
Just kidding....it's menopause. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I'm glad you stopped by my T13 but you didn't comment....I'm so sad! But I still love ya!

Lyn said...

Hurt feelings are like a scab, the more you pick at them the longer it takes to heal. lol Thanks for visiting my T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition at Bloggin' Outloud. lgp

Jane said...

Sorry Daisy....you DID comment. It just had not shown up when I was checking comments....blogger has been a booger this morning. Forgive me?????

Anonymous said...

1~no,rarely even once
2~no
3~rarely
4~not always
5~YES but only to get my way
6~nope
7~no
8~no
9~no
10~depends on what they did
11~no
12~never
13~no way

hope you feel better :)

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon, get some chocolate, take a long bath, and read a good book! Thanks for visiting my TT!

Lynn said...

Umm, probably yes to most of those at one time or another, or sometimes all of the time;-) Three cheers for chocolate!

Anonymous said...

I am sometimes oversensitive but I try not to take it out on others. Usually when we are it's really an old hurt that has been restimulated rather than what we think it's about.

My 13 is a size medium in pink.

WendyWings said...

I am sensitive at times but ALWAYS need chocolate :)
Happy TT , I finally got one up it has only been two weeks lol.

angela said...

Sometimes I am overly sensitive...but usually it is just because things seem out of control generally or I need sleep. Hope you feel better soon...you are a sweet girl...

Viamarie said...

Almost of us I guess go through this period and what's important here is we are aware of it and we are able to find ways on how to cope with it.

Taking a bite of chocolate just for today I think will not destroy your diet plan. So go for that favorite chocolate of yours.

Hope you'll be better tomorrow.

Julie said...

Lack of chocolate definitely makes me cranky :)

Tracie Nall said...

I must admit that that list hit a little too close to home for my comfort...but I am chocolate deprived too!

Norma said...

Great list--applies to most women I know and a few men. I loved #8.

My TT is up.

Unknown said...

I must be chocolate deprived too!

 
design by suckmylolly.com