Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen..Success Principles

This week I was reading about Bill and Melinda Gates and the contribution of Warren Buffett to the Gates Foundation. It started me thinking about "significance". We all work hard the first half of our life to accumulate and it seems the second half of our life we work for significance. With that thought in mind here are some success principles I have collected from impressive entrepreneurs that I want to apply to my life. ( At the end of my life, I want no regrets!)

  1. Put first things first and last things not at all.
  2. Devote yourself to lifelong learning.
  3. Live with passion!
  4. Excel at helping others excel.
  5. Stay open to timely opportunities.
  6. Surround yourself with experience.
  7. Follow your sense of calling even to unexpected places.
  8. Give your time and talents to causes you believe in.
  9. Live for something bigger than you.
  10. Envision the future you want to create.
  11. Commit to a concept with a future.
  12. Lead from your values.
  13. Seek divine guidance.


37 comments:

WendyWings said...

As always excellent advice. I can't leave my link no TT from me this week. Busy doing auditions and then that other thing what is it something to do with Olympics.
See you soon !

YellowRose said...

Excellent advice! You always have excellent advice...that's what big sisters are for! ;)

Happy Thursday, my TT is up!

Anonymous said...

Great List. I hope that I can aspire to half of what you have listed

my list is up

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You have a very great principles. I love most #s 1, 5, 9 and 10. I do believe in 10. Envision the future you want to create. It has to be something very good because I really do believe in the saying, what you think you are you'll become.
Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

Excel at helping others excel.

I like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like all of these, very good words to live by, can you imagine if we all did?

MaR said...

That is a great list, Lazy Daisy! you always have deep-thought lists. Mine is so silly... but I guess the TT diversity makes us all interact!! Happy TT :)

Anonymous said...

Lazy Daisy,

I think this is one of your TT's ever! I love the last one, altho all of them made me THINK...

Great post.

My TT is up too.

Cheers,
Carol

Anonymous said...

I meant to say BEST posts ever! Still asleep over here...LOL...

angela said...

At some point, I really really realized that there were no "do overs" in life...that I was as young as I was ever going to be...as able as I was ever going to be...that I might have another 40 years, but the last 20 might not be as productive as the first 20...know what I mean?

So I needed to be thinking about what was important and get on with it.

Loved this list...thanks!:-)

Jane said...

This is a wonderful list. If we would all follow this advice just think what we could accomplish.
Have a great day...my list is up.

Stephanie said...

Rules to live by. Especially #3. Life without passion is no life at all.

My TT is up.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Ah, if we could only do this...Life would be great!! BUT....well you know...life just does not work that way at least not here anyway....miss you too...

Red said...

Excellent advice, as always, LazyDaisy.

If I could live by just one of these tips, that would already make me a better person.

Happy TT!

Sherri said...

another great list!! ...I'll have to add you to the list of wisest women I've never met!

#13 is particularly important to me!

...my list is up:)

Darla said...

Great advice! I've been paying more attention to priorities these days, and it makes a big difference.

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I really like the living with passion advice and the excel at helping others excel. I love helping other people get what they want when I'm able to.

Happy Thursday!

Margaret said...

Great advice, wise statements - I want to print this out and put it on my fridge! -Margie

Carmen said...

I have trouble surrounding myself with experience. I think I've surrounded myself with idiots. How do I switch? ;)

Have a good holiday

Lyn said...

Yep, good collection of success principles. I've been more focused on these ideas lately as well. lgp

Dale Challener Roe said...

Now how could anyone argue with #2.

My 13 is up.

Norma said...

WhAT a wonderful list. You never disappoint me Miss Daisy.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Sherri said...

Just responding to your comment on my blog here...no I didn't know you were going to be in s'toon in January...based on one of your comments a week or two ago and your recent visit you posted about from your daughter, I've figured out that the blog grrlmeetsworld is your daughter's! I've never met her but have visited the blog a few times...and if I'm not mistaken the fella she married used to go to our church...so it's a small world...and what good news that they are expecting?!! Congratulations nanny-to-be!!

Heather said...

What a great list. It's funny how people who end up being extraordinary were, at the beginning, just ordinary people willing to live from their heart and follow their dreams/callings. Very inspiring to think of what one person can do when they are willing to live passionately.

Anonymous said...

Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing!


Jessica
http://jessicaslilcorner.tz4.com

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed with the Gates/Buffet generosity! I've always wondered just how rich you can get and how meaningless it all is unless you do something with it.

Thanks for the inspiration. Mine are up and popping.

Susan said...

This is GREAT wisdom!!! I wish more people would employ these principles.

My TT is up here. Hope to see you again, soon!!

craziequeen said...

Always good advice, Daisy :-)

My TT is up :-)

Unknown said...

Very important all! I really believe in serving others and living outside of yourself is so key. I believe the biggest significance of my life is the lives God has entrusted to me--my children! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

As always, a great list. Can't help but think if we would just do #13 - 110%, everything else would fall into place. But ...easier said than done!

Unknown said...

Hey Daisy - Great list as usual!

Red Queen said...

Excellent list. I especially like 7. I live each day as an adventure and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me. Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Awesome tips to live by. Thanks for sharing.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

My peoblam is that I'm half-way life so I don't know which direction to look! :)

Ladybug Crossing said...

You always tell it like it should be! Thanks for that list. It's terrific!
LBC

Crazy MomCat said...

I loved this list, Daisy! Thanks for sharing!

Pixie said...

All good principals we should all apply to our lives. :-)

 
design by suckmylolly.com