Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen....Daisy Returns!



Thirteen Things about Lazy Daisy

13 Things Daisy Learned from her Vacation




  1. Someone will always be disappointed when you have more people to see than time will allow, no matter how much you plan ahead of time.
  2. If you have the opportunity to meet blog friends do it, you'll be blessed!
  3. It takes a long time to grow "old friends".
  4. Do something that you've wanted to do for a long time. It makes great memories!
  5. If I 'd known I was this popular before I left I probably wouldn't have ever gone!
  6. Too much can be just as overwhelming as not nearly enough.
  7. Even "Social Butterflies" can get tired!
  8. You can get to the state where you truly think, "I'll never eat again!"
  9. You can come to be at peace with your past and not look back with regret.
  10. The best way to truly see your city, is by introducing it to someone who has never seen it.
  11. Good friends only grow more precious with time and distance.
  12. Make a list of what you want to do and see and then do it.
  13. Dorothy had it right all the time: "There's No Place Like Home!"
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!









53 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back!

-tnchick- said...

Welcome back.

I haven't met any bloggers but I've met many online friends before blogging - too many to count. SOme of the blog now but I met them before blogging. I do hope to meet some of my blog friends, tho.

YellowRose said...

Welcome home and let me tell you, it's so good to know that some people are just what you expect them to be and more! ;o) So glad you enjoyed your vacation!! Rest up and then share all the details! :o)

My 13 is up! *hugs*

Just Nancy said...

It's a wonderful list! I think I've felt some of those same things when I've traveled!

My list is up, too.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

All these listed are all very true. No. 1 really is quite right. You really can't please everyone. You can't be in one place all at the same time.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Oops! My Thursday Thirteen is up too.

Undercover Angel said...

You're right. There is no place like home. My TT is up.

Laura said...

sounds like a good vacation. I hope it was.
My TT about my son's 9th surgery adventure is up.

MaR said...

Glad you had a good time and that you made it home safely. Wise list. Yes, it is hard to please everybody. The important thing is to please yourself. Happy Thursday!

Chaotic Mom said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I agree, can't please everyone. But what fun you CAN have, right? ;)

Just Me said...

I absolutely agree with #13. I enjoy going away but I love coming back home.

Happy TT day
Elle X

Anonymous said...

so true! And the one about some being disappointed?---That's the reason we never tell anyone where or when we go on vaca.

My T T is published

Becky said...

Yes Dorothy always did have it right..

My TT is up :D

Tanya said...

Some words of wisdom there. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip.

My TT is up.

Norma said...

Welcome home. You've really nailed it on this one.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Lisa said...

LOL @ #8. It's so nice to gorge sometimes though!

I agree - it's hard to "vacation" and you do always disappoint someone. :(

Anonymous said...

I need another holiday already, my T13 is now up.

Moogie said...

I love this list. And Dorothy was right. There is no place like home!

Sonya said...

I've always wondered about meeting blog friends.

Carmen said...

Glad you are back safe from vacation. Seems like you had a good time.

We should meet up sometime and watch some movies. :)

Strong Enough said...

Sounds like you went back home! Sounds like a great vacation! Welcome home.

Melzie said...

I so agree with all your list, but especially #10. It's so true!!!

Froggie said...

I love your list. :) I haven't met any blogging friends in person yet, but perhaps someday.

Glad you had a great vacation!

My TT is up!

Amanda said...

I can relate to #1! Glad you had a nice trip.

My 13 are up.

Colleen Pidge said...

Sounds like a great vacation. Welcome home.

Melli said...

WELCOME BAAAAACK! You were missed!

This is such a great and true list! Especially... ALL of them! LOL! :) Sounds like you had a great time! I saw the pictures on FlipFlop's blog! What fun!

My list is up!

Renee Nefe said...

good tips. I like a planned vacation too...it keeps you from sitting at the hotel wondering what's next...wasting time.
Glad that you had fun. So glad you kept us posted while you were gone...it was like we were all there with you. I told Darly how you went to Lady & Sons and she wasn't at all impressed. I told her that she was just too young to get it.

srp said...

While only out of Mississippi for two years, I had forgotten how early the crepe myrtle bloom there. Here at the beach the leaves are finally coming out and ours seem to be one of the latest trees to bud out.

Savannah is now on my list of places to go.

Anonymous said...

I have learned that we are always better off taking a vacation where we have NO family. You just can't win that one.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Insightfull 13!

pvtB)fs

Renee Nefe said...

I played fefyfomanna: TT: Interview with a Dog...and two rabbits

Heather said...

So glad your vacation went well. Thanks for your blog.

Joan said...

Welcome home!! I have enjoyed reading about your vacation.

My 13 are also posted.

Anonymous said...

Good list. #9 stuck a chord with me in particular.

Sherri said...

glad you had such a great trip!! ..and got to see old friends and meet new ones:)

...my list is up:)

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun, mom! (Call you tonight, ok?)

Uisce said...

uggh, I need a vacation! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good vacation. Those were good words of wisdom in your post! Love the falling daisies on your site so much! Cheerful! My list is up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, its tough to be popular!!! I think most of us can relate to the whole list. Sooo true everything.

Sooo feeling like coming over for dinner...? *smiling real big*

Angie said...

What a greatlist! I live about 45 minutes from Sav. in Beaufort,SC. I go to Sav. all the time to shop!
This is my first TT...so check it out.

Megan said...

I agree! Hope you had a wonderful vacation!

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

# 8 really made me laugh - I was there yesterday. I think my stomach was putting pressure on my spine and I want to pop out my back.


stop by my T13 if you get a chance. Happy Thursday!

Courtney said...

Great list! I always enjoy yours :) Sounds like a good time, welcome home! Thanks for stopping by my TT today too.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

49 people commented..wow Lazy Daisy. I knew you were popular but come on ole' friend!! I make a whopping 50!! I miss you tons. We had a great time and what I miss is your humor and just your presence here in my home. It is so quiet here now with only Simon and Lucy to talk to once again. Come back anytime and stay as LONG as you choose...Sandy

Frances D said...

I just love visiting your blog TT or not.
My own list is up.
Take care,
Frances

Anonymous said...

Very valuable lessons!
Welcome back.

Jane said...

I am glad you and Mr. Wonderful arrived home safely. I agree with Yellowrose, it IS nice when people turn out to be just like you thought they would be. It was a true joy to meet you both and I look forward to seeing you again.
Blessings.

My list is up too!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I don't think I've seen this many posts on a blog before!! You drag them in, don't you! :)
Andrew

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make peace with my past and no regrets. Hopefully it'll happen!! You are right - "There is no place like home!" I felt that especially today after a very Long day. We were hugging the walls. Home sweet Home! It's good that you are back!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are excellent lessons... I hope to master them someday, myself!

Trinity13 said...

I agree...great friends as sooo very precious! In fact, I get to see a great friend of mine tonight...I can't wait!!

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I'm sorry its taken me so late to make my TT rounds!

It sounds like you had a great trip, and learned a lot!

Leanne said...

You are so blessed with wisdom - and the ability to learn from every single experience.

#1 is so true. I am still trying to figure out how to handle the disappointment - I hate disappointing other people.

Have a great weekend!! xo!

 
design by suckmylolly.com