Thursday, April 27, 2006

5 Lessons for Life


God teaches me something every day. Most of the time it takes me at least 24 hours to discern what the lesson was and whether I passed the test or failed it miserably. If I failed, I know that I will see this test again in some other form.

The following is a list by Marian Wright Edelman that I really liked.

5 Lessons for Life

  1. Keep your word and your commitments.
  2. Don't look for favors-count on earning them.
  3. Watch out for success-it can be more dangerous than failure.
  4. Do what you say, say what you mean, and be what you seem.
  5. Tell the truth-especially to yourself.

9 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Very true in real life lessons to learn.
keeping your word and your commitments makes people trust you.
Not looking for favors but earning them yourself makes independent.
Success really can be dangerous because the higher you fly the more hunters are more likely to shoot you.

MaR said...

Great post (again), Lazy Daisy! wonderful lessons. Happy Friday!

Moogie said...

These are wonderful. Very true to life.

Jane said...

These are wonderful rules to live by. If we would all try to follow these admonitions we would all be much happier.
Hope you have a great day my friend.

Unknown said...

Good choice. I think another you learned is not to deny someone their blessing! :0} Welcome home. THANKS FOR THE SAMPLES!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya.

btw...the answers to the challenge are posted.

Heather said...

I just love this list. I think I may print it and hang it all over my house.

Thanks again for the lift and inspiration.

Sherri said...

Thanks for sharing so many things that you're learning all the time:)

P.S. I think we'd get along great too...thanks for visiting my site:)

Ladybug Crossing said...

True true true!!
Love that list... I'm going to print it and hang it on my fridge!
xo
LBC

Unknown said...

Living by thse rules are sure to guarantee a succesful life.

 
design by suckmylolly.com