He's back....and I'm not the only one around my house with a big smile on my face!
Even the animals are happy to see him and have barely let him out of their sight today.
You can tell he's been in a hot culture as he keeps turning up the heat and I keep telling him if he insists on turning up the thermostat, he'll have to sleep in another room so I can turn on the air conditioner in our bedroom! He laughs and calls me his "hot mama" and puts on a sweater.
It feels good to have him back in the Nest. It feels right and for the first time in two weeks, I can sleep without hearing things that go bump in the night. He steals the covers, forgets to shut the cabinet doors, leaves his shoes in the middle of the floor, and snores in my ear. It's familiar, it's the sweet dance of ritual, its feeling embraced without ever touching, he is my home, my safe place to land, my best friend, the other half of us.
Sunday, October 23, 2005
The other half of us
Posted by Lazy Daisy at 10:06 PM
Labels: Charlie, he's home, Life at the Nest, the other half of us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Beautiful writing, momma ... especially the last paragraph -- now if I could only get that ugly cat picture out of my head, yikes!
and you said MY cat picture was scary!
xoxo - suzy
beautiful post...I don't know you, but can't help by comment that what you wrote is what love is all about:)
GREAT post, kathy!! You are getting so good at writing and then there I am!! How do you come up with those wonderful expressive words? Just me!!
Post a Comment