Yesterday was Palm Sunday.....the introduction to Passion Week.
Palm Sunday, also known as the Triumphal Entry celebrates Jesus ride into Jerusalem on a donkey, fulfilling the ancient prophecy ( Zechariah 9:9). The crowd welcomed him with "Hosanna" and the words of Psalm 118:25-26. Jesus choses to enter Jersusalem mounted on a doney to claim publicly that he is the chosen Son of David to sit on David's throne (1 Kings 1:33,44) the one of whom the prophets had spoken.
"When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord. Peace in heaven and glory in the highest.""Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"
"I tell you, " he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19: 37-40)
To me Palm Sunday is a time of celebration. It is symbolic of the time when "at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow." It also reminds me that the very people who waved palm branches on Sunday are the same people who shout "Crucify Him" on Friday.
I've had a tune in my head all day.....and of course it took me a while to track it down. I found the lyrics and here they are"
Glorify His Holy Name:
Ain't no rock,
gonna cry in my place,
as long as I'm alive
to glorify his holy name.
Ain't no tree,
gonna lift its branches.
I lift my hands
to glorify his holy name.
Ain't no bird,
gonna sing in my place.
I lift my voice
to glorify his holy name.
Chorus:
Praise his holy name
as long as I'm alive
to glorify his holy name.
I like this song because it encourages me to praise the Lord and so I've decided to try hard not to bring up any request during this holy time, but instead pour out my heart in thanksgiving to God for all his rich gifts to me and for his mercy and great compassion. I would encourage you to join me.
6 comments:
Okay great idea..but I just emailed you...is that okay? Great post...Miss you.
Sandy
I wish I could get through this week without requests... I'm having a tough time getting through an HOUR without requests right now...
I love that song! We used to sing it in our last church and the youth would do a special dance to it. It was so beautiful! Thanks for your special words today. They are so important.
Hugs!!
:-) Susan
I haven't found a church yet to attend for Easter Sunday. I'm going to miss singing all those happy songs. I've got 'em on my iPod though. :)
Great post. Come see what I did! No...I haven't changed the template again.
Love YA.
I just wanted to say hello and thanks! I was trying to remember the name of the purple gum in the yellow package and came across your blog and it had the name: Thrills! I also noticed that your daughter is in Saskatoon and that is where I grew up! I am also a registered nurse. Just had to say hello and thanks again!
Carla
Post a Comment