Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Edition -#9

Sunday Seven
A weekly meme for giving thanks and/or for noting important events in our lives.

Play Along?

1. The Lord is Risen! The Lord is Risen Indeed!
We are Easter People.
We celebrate a Risen King.
Death and the Grave could not hold Him.
His blood has paid my part.
I will ever praise Him
and give him my whole heart.


2. I love Easter Hymns....."Christ the Lord has Risen Today" "Up from the Grave He Arose!" "He Lives", "I Know That My Redeemer Liveth" "Behold The Lamb"and "Amazing Love". What a thrill to sing these songs with a glad heart.

3. I miss my "chicks" on Holidays. We are so scattered that it is difficult to get everyone together. I miss family celebrations, big dinners , laughing, and enjoying being all together. I even miss putting together Easter Baskets, and
watching Peeps explode in the microwave!


4. Our daughter Suzy is going to the Easter Parade in New York City today. She is making her orginal Easter Bonnet so I am very interested to see what her creation will look like. Suzy has always been very creative so I'm sure her "bonnet" will be a knock out!

5. We are thankful that Mr. Wonderful's surgery will be on Tuesday. He has been most uncomfortable and not able to do any lifting this past week. He will be very glad when this surgery is behind him and he can function without pain. Thank you in advance for your prayers for his surgery and recovery. He tends to be an impatient patient!


6. This Daisy can hardly wait to start planting her Daisies again. We are looking forward to seeing our New Yorkers in April which definitely means a trip to the New York Botantical Gardens!

7. Jesus was a backwater peasant. He never wrote a book, never held an office. He never journeyed more than two hundred miles from his hometown. Friends left him. One betrayed him. Those he helped forgot him. Prior to his death they abandoned him. But after his death they couldn't resist him. What made the difference?

The Answer. His death and resurrection. For when he died, so did your sin. And when he rose, so did your hope. For when he rose, your grave was changed from a final residence to temporary housing.

( Cue the music, dim the lights, and exit thankfully for the gift of salvation.)


8 comments:

Melli said...

You certainly have been a busy little writer tonight! Goodness! I'm afraid my Seven are a bit repetitive this week... but it's been that kind of week...

New York in April, huh? That will be fun! Mr. Wonderful should be feeling MUCH better by then!

Happy Easter my friend!

(oh... by the way... I think the latest picture on Emma's blog looks like YOU!)

Leanne said...

Happy Easter, Lazy Daisy!!
xoxo

Melanie said...

I enjoyed your list, once again! Exploding peeps in the microwave??? Hmmm... I have never tried that!
Happy Easter!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

HAPPY EASTER my dear friend! I would think that it would be a mess cleaning up exploded peeps in the microwave!! UGH!!
Hope your day is wonderful. We are here and that is about it!! No problem just a quiet day for US!!
Miss you.
Sandy

G.P. said...

Hoppy easter my friend :) A day the L-rd has made.
Easter Parade in NY eh, I'm originally from there.. so thanx for the memory :)

G-dspeed for surgery
GP in Montana

Baba said...

Happy Easter to you and your family,
My Sunday Seven is finally up today.
I wish your hubby a speedy recovery from his surgery...
Take care....Baba

Jane said...

Beautifully said my friend. I pray that you have enjoyed the blessings of our Lord today.
Tell Mr. Wonderful he will be in our prayers on Tuesday.
Love to you both.

Susan said...

I love your Sunday Seven and your card made me tear up a bit. Thank you...it is special to receive blessings from friends both "visible and invisible". I pray your Easter has been a blessing.

Hugs.

:-) Susan

 
design by suckmylolly.com