Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunday Seven....Week 8



A weekly meme for sowing seeds of thankfulness throughout the week.

1. I'm back on the healthy eating and living track after a month and a half of having no transportation. It was good to see familiar faces and catch up on the lives of my new friends. I was able to meet my three healthy goals this week too!


2. I'm thankful for my friend/neighbor/blogger/photographer Beckie (even when she goes on pictures taking adventures without me.) She patiently showed me how to make banners (like the one in this post) and other cool stuff. She never lets me get away with saying "I can't do something!"


3. It's not Spring in the Shenandoah Valley till Willie's is open for the season. Willie's is a family friendly soft ice cream stand with picnic tables for seating. Last Sunday Mr. Wonderful and I went cruising in our new set of wheels and naturally ended up at Willie's. The first thing my honey said while we were enjoying our ice cream was, "I can hardly wait to take our Emma here!"

4. I am so thankful for new pictures of our Emma. She changes so quickly from week to week. Her momma and daddy are really wonderful to keep me happy with my Emma fix of the week.Who knew I would ever have a red headed grand baby! Darling Daughter calls this picture Emma's Cabbage Patch Look! Now I ask you.....who can not be Thanking God or ever be unhappy when you look at this precious face?


5. I'm thankful for being able to finally fill a clothing container for Guatemala late Wednesday night despite the rain and all the many problems that we encountered. We are so thankful for volunteers who showed up to help after working all day long to physically lift and carry 30 to 70 pound boxes. It takes over a thousand boxes to fill one container.

6. I'm thankful for some leisurely down time. I'm notoriously lazy so a weekend with no pressing responsibilities is delightful. It doesn't help being married to a "A type" driver personality either!


7. I'm thankful that Mr. Wonderful finally went to the doctor and will be seeing a surgeon on Tuesday to schedule surgery for a hernia repair. He lifted and loaded most of clothing for the container we did Wednesday night (he forgets he's not in his 20's any longer.) He now has a hernia the size of a lemon and will be having surgery as soon as we can get it scheduled. (This is the second hernia he has had in the last 4 years ).

It's been a busy week at the Daisy Patch as we head into Holy Week. We are Easter People and rejoice over the resurrection of our Lord and Saviour. Today is Palm Sunday and we will join with our local congregation in praise and adoration. (Cue the music, dim the lights, and exit thankfully!)

15 comments:

Baba said...

Hi Daisy,...Your friend , Beckie, sounds like our friend, Sandy..Always giving us a helping hand.God bless them...I am having Sandy and Mike over to my house for dinner today.I will be cooking a rump roast with rice, carrots,potatoes,squash,green beans, pear salad , rolls and ? dessert.
Wish you could come eat with us.
Baba

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Wow! So much to be thankful for. How I wish others could be as thankful as you. All others do is keep on whining and complaining and don't know that all they have to do is look back and see how many things we should be thankful for.
My SS is up too.

Melli said...

I am really looking forward to church this morning!

Mr. Wonderful is IN my prayers and I DO hope his surgery is scheduled sOOn!

You had FAT FREE frozen yogurt at Willie's -- right??? I'm PROUD of you for meeting your goals this week! :) I had a great week food and exercise-wise -- but I didn't lose a bit! How frustrating is that? Ahhhh well... it will catch up to me NEXT week ... I hope!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hey Daisy, my Sunday Seven is up. We are not going to Barb's house now. Her hubby, she thinks, has food poisioning..OOPS!! So we are here...Love your list. Let us know about Mr. Wonderful's surgery...Sandy

Susan said...

Oh, I need to go to Beckie's to learn how to make those cute banners!! I'm thinking a Southeastern Bloggers Weekend is in order. Everyone could share their "tricks". :-)

I loved reading your Sunday Seven. Thank you for the blessings that you bring to the blogging world!! May God give you a wonderful Holy Week!

Hugs and Blessings.

:-) Susan

Autumn said...

Thank you for coming by my blog today xx

Joan said...

What a precious baby! What a wonderful week ahead as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord! I hope you have enjoyed your lazy weekend!

G.P. said...

lazy d... hope you had a blessed Palm Sunday at the Daisy Patch.

My quarterhorse Alleluiah (her nickname since she was born easter sunday 10 years ago) and I celebrated Palm Sunday with my singing praise songs to her whilst grooming her pre-ride.

"J_sus Prince of Peace, Glory (H)allelujiah

GP in Montana

Melanie said...

I enjoyed your list! You have a lot to be thankful for. What a beautiful baby! I like how you put a picture with each of your 7!

elementary historyteacher said...

I enjoyed your list. I just back from our evening service where I participated in the Lord's Supper. Right after the Supper the pastor asked her to leave somberly as if leaving a funeral and ponder over the death of Christ this week. He said there would be time for rejoicing on Sunday....I found that interesting as I've never looked at it that way. I guess sometimes we focus on the resurrection so much we don't stop to think what it would mean if it had not been God's plan.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I always thoroughly enjoy reading your seven...
Your little Emma is adorable - I love to see pictures of happy babies!
I will be praying that your hubby's surgery can be scheduled very soon.
Blessings to you this week as we celebrate what our Savior has done for us!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo of Emma. Hope your Palm Sunday was a good one. Best wishes for you and your loved ones as we enter Holy Week.

I am a bit late posting my Sunday Seven - this week.

Twisted Cinderella said...

What a lovely list and an adorable pic! she really is just the cutest little baby!

YellowRose said...

Very lovely list Daisy! You have to remind that man of yours to be careful!! Tell him if he is suppose to run after that grandbaby he's going to have to be careful lifting those huge boxes!! Hope he get's that fixed soon! Tell him he's in my prayers!

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Great picture of Emma!

I saw a new show on the Discovery channel that I think Mr. Wonderful would like. It's called Survivorman. A guy who is a survivalist gets dumped off some place in a harsh climate with no food or water or anything and he has to survive for a week before his producers pick him up. He also has to carry arounfd 60 pounds of camera equipment to video the whole thing, no crew goes with him. It's fascinating.

 
design by suckmylolly.com