Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Why do you blog?

Beckie from A Child of God challenged me to do this meme. I don't always take the challenge or tag depending on how long the meme takes to complete or if I don't like the questions . This one did make me think.

List 5 reasons you Blog.

  1. I blog to preserve some of the stories of our own personal history. Right now, I have the time and the memory to record some of the antics of my three nearly grown children. I blog for their future children so that they will know that Mom or Dad were little spitfires from the get go . This Diva is prepared to give the grands a rare look into their parents as children. (The good, the bad, and the ugly....all there from my perspective!)
  2. I blog to record what God is teaching me through each day. Each day is a gift.....how did I spend it? The trick is to "catch God" at work in my life. Some days it's as simple as taking the time to watch the bird at the feeders ( despite the weather conditions they don't worry) ......other days it's watching myself "not over re-act" in a situation that would have normally stressed me.
  3. I blog as a release of stress and tension. My thoughts seem to be better organized when I write. It helps me decompress and evaluate the day. Some days it's therapeutic and helps me release old hurts, some days I just go outrageous and let my faithful blogging friends reign me in.
  4. Blogging is record of my life and what caught my interest. My beloved mom is 80 years old and I learned more about her from her sister (My aunt Nena) than what she ever told me. I want my children to know that I was more than just their mom. I had interest, goals, hopes, desires, and aspirations.
  5. I blog because it keeps me in touch with my friends and family. I blog about things that are important to me. When I blogged about Mr. Wonderful needing stitches I heard from "the kids" right away. It saves me from having to repeat the details many times. I laugh when my friends say, "I never hear from you!" I think to myself, "you could if you want to.....it all right here, What happened, what I thought, and what I did about it." Bloggers are really very open people.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Daisy for taking the challenge. These are some terrific answers. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Blessings.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Good questions and very good answers. I might try to take this one on myself. I would say the MAIN reaon that I started blogging was because of YOU...YOU MADE ME DO IT!! But OH AM I GLAD THAT YOU DID!! I have enjoyed it immensely and have to make myself get some things done each day because I get so involved. Hope your day is going great...Miss you too. Off to pick up the grands at school. Sandy

Melli said...

How come y'all seem to knOw why you blog! I just do it ... cuz. (and that would make for boring reading!)

MaR said...

And all your reasons are responsible for your very special blog, Lazy Daisy!!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you blog for my own selfish reason: I enjoy reading over here.

 
design by suckmylolly.com