Thursday, September 14, 2006

Friday Funny....Politically Correct Maxine

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta love it! Those *sheet heads* can shove it where the moon don't shine!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You just made me laugh. Sheet head is even worst. Should be contented with Towel heads. (Lol.)

Renee Nefe said...

Maxine is so cool!

Jane said...

Thank you so much for pointing this out to me. I certainly do not want to be politically incorrect in my language. I will start calling them by this more accurate name from now on.

You are HYSTERICAL!!! Hubby and I both got quite a laugh out of this. Thanks!

srp said...

I am still trying to pick myself up off the floor with this one!!! Too funny.

My daughter is a "towel head" every day.... right after she washes her hair.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO! I will be sure & call them "little sheet heads" from now on and I will gladly pass it along to everyone I know.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

:) !!

Neoma said...

i have always loved maxine, and now that she and I are close to the same age, I appreciate her even more. This was cute, and above all I want to be politically correct.....haha

on the Rock said...

The cartoon of that lady ... THAT'S funny!

Sherri said...

I'm going to have to show that to my father-in-law...he loves maxine!

Hope all is well:)

Tildy said...

Wow, way to love your neighbor as yourself, sister. WWJD? Do you think he would go around calling people towel heads? Niggers? Kikes? Oh wait, he was a kike.

If you're wondering right now, "And who is my neighbor?" well, we know what Jesus would do with that one. Go back and read it again.

Anonymous said...

WOW... Someone who is married to a minister posts THIS cartoon? First... it's sad that anyone is naive enough to think that Hallmark Greeting cards would publish a cartoon that is offensive to a whole race/religion who probably buy greeting cards themselves for their loved ones. Obviously not a business school graduate.

Second... that someone married to a MINISTER would have so much racism and hatred in their hearts as to find this cartoon funny is just pathetic. Or that someone is so insensitive that they don't understand how racist this is... even sadder.

Glad I don't go to YOUR church.

Anonymous said...

Print Answer Did Hallmark create a racist Maxine message?


I saw or received a racist Maxine message, did Hallmark create it?

Answer
Hallmark would never create or distribute any racist message.

We are aware that certain people have illegally copied images of Hallmark's popular Maxine character to distribute with various racist or other inappropriate messages which they have posted on the Internet or distributed by email.

It is illegal for anyone to infringe on any copyrighted materials by copying or distributing the image of any Hallmark owned property. Anyone who does so is subject to prosecution. This includes forwarding illegally infringed upon copyrighted materials, even if someone else created and distributed the image previously.

Anonymous said...

Kind hearted people will change their behavior when they learn of their ignorance re: ethnic slurs.

Please see below:

List of ethnic slurs
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

"Towel Head
A slur intended to be used against Arabs. See Raghead."

"Raghead
an ethnic slur used against Arabs, Indian Sikhs and some other peoples, denigrating them for wearing traditional headdress such as turbans or keffiyehs.[144] Sometimes used generically for all Islamic nations. See Towel head."

As you can read, the wearing of traditional headdresses does not make one a terrorist.

Respectfully submitted.

Anonymous said...

Lazy Daisy, I'll bet your husband the minister is a child f--ker just like all towel heads are terrorists. Stereotyping and racist comments are a sign of pure ignorance.

Turban wearer said...

Fuck you. Nobody needs your old lady shit friday shitfest. You can go shove your husband's minister pedophile penis down your fat sweaty hole you call a penis. Nobody needs your racism. Any commenters can go and get crushed by the fat blogger lady

 
design by suckmylolly.com