My husband and I work at a missions warehouse. The work is hard, repetitive and often challenging . It's easy to get discouraged and want to quit. These are some things we have found helpful in getting the task done
13 Ways for Staying Motivated
- Wake up happy and determine to be in a good mood.
- Use positive self-talk from morning to bedtime.
- Work hard and follow tasks through to completion.
- Think creavtively....see challenges from new angles
- Speak gently....consider the impact of your words.
- Cooperate freely...meet the need of the moment-even when it's not yours.
- Act with intergrity...be the same privately as you are publicly.
- Learn to stay relaxed and friendly no matter how much tension you're under.
- Honor others....recognize your coworker's contributions
- Expect the best from others around you.
- Listen thoroughly....discern what is meant-not just what is said.
- Respond appropriately....deal with mistakes openly and fairly.
- Seek out and talk to someone currently doing what you want to do most and doing it well.
46 comments:
you know what? this is a great list, and it is entirely true for a long and happy marriage! I am going on 35 yrs next month...and those are great rules to live by! Thanks for visiting my TT today!
what an encouraging T13 today. we do choose our attitude, despite circumstances.
Thanks!
EXCELLENT! I love it and will print these out.
Hi Daisy...This list of things to do is really a wondderful one for every day of one's life. I realize you can't always do it all, but it is certainly worth striving for in all one's encounters each day...you know? Thank you very much for this.
Excellent list, being the same privately as you are publically also applies online. I know too many people who are one way online and nothing like that offline. Scary actually.
Happy Thursday.
You are such an inspiration to me...you just make me want to do better.
Love ya sis!
Very true in everything you said.
Because I believe that work added to dreams creates achievement. When you do what is right, there's not much to say. We are successful when we are faithful in giving our all, to the values and goals we hold important. I also believe that success in anything you do lies first in choosing something worth doing, and then giving our best effort to our work. It is very true that when you do what is right, there's not much to say.
My T13 is up too.
I wish I could say I do half of those, half the time... Great list....
I'm working on the self talk. I've got little happy post its everywhere!
it's amazing the way the day goes when these principles are applied....I just have to remember to do them!
I like this list!
my tt is up.
I agree with all of them, great motivation! although trying to wake up to be in a good mood sometimes hard and to finish every tasks , i still need to improve that hehehe. I absolutely agree in listening thoroughly and give respon appropriately.
Happy TT, mine is up.
There is a lot of wisdom in this T13...
And I know I could work on a couple of these points to improve my outlook! Thanks for the advice.
As usual, another AWESOME list. You truly are an inspiration.
Great list MIss Daisy...You are always an inspiration must be nice to have those kind of thoughts so inside of you that you can just pull them out when you need them. smile!! Mine are up but you have already been there...My great banner is from Yellow Rose..she is so talented and nice to send them to me...
What a great thing to list...and quite inspirational to me and should be to all others!!!
Thanks for dropping by my blog this morning...and leaving such a beautiful comment.
Useful list, must remember some of it. Thank you for visiting my T13. Yes I will be around on July 1st.
I'm not sure what a mission warehouse is, but I worked in a bead shop for years and had to apply some of the same things.
Keep inspiring us!
My 13 are swimming laps.
First, I love your TT banner.
Second, I think that #5 would do everybody well to follow it...no matter where we are or what we are doing.
Happy Thursday!
Great list. Thanks for sharing!
Great list and one to keep somewhere to be seen! I admire you and your DH's dedication to this ministry. Blessings!
My TT is up.
I'm thinking I need to print this list & remember it every day!
I love the list...esp #10. I'll def try to keep that in mind even though it's so hard!
Have a great Thursday!
What a lovely TT!! I´ll have it all in my mind :)
I so admire what you do and how you follow your heart!!! Great motivation list...and timely for me as I'm needing some motivation related to work these days!
Thanks for visiting my list with your sweet comments:)
ohhh I do need help staying motivated but I think I need a nap first...K?
J/K
great T13
You know, in MOPS they always have a little craft for you to do so that you can get completion on something. That is what your #3 reminded me of. This is a really inspiring list.
I love the list... so true. :) I think I'm going to grab this and print it out. There are days when I just can't find the motivation to get some things done...
These are great tips for any profession. As I'm starting to experience burn-out in my job I need to print this and post it to my bulletin board. Thanks!
no such thing as waking up happy! breathing, but not happy - :)
I pray! That's my way to being positive!
This list would be great for lots of people! :) I hate getting up in the morning. I will have to keep them in mind. :)
Thank you for visiting my list!
Wonderful list. Attitude is everything!
Your advice is always so right on the money and always touches a point I need right then.
Thanks.
An excellent list, thank you much. Words to live by, for sure.
My husband made a similar T13 on our blog today. He's listed his favorite "quotes" to live by. [smile]
Have a wonderful Thursday!
After a long hiatus, I've posted another T-13 at Bloggin' Outloud. :-) Thanks for the auto-link. lgp
Excellent advice. I need to heed these words. Thanks for sharing.
My list is FINALLY up. My modem picked today to act up!
Someone should take all these motivational lists and put them in a book. It'd be a best seller!
Have a great TT
Elle x
Thank you for sharing this absolutely wonderful inspirational list.Have a great Thursday!
Good thoughts and ones I should have read earlier today!
That's a great list you put up.
I'm up.
This is a terrific list... each one a fantastic idea! Thank you!
Nice list! Thanks for the tips!
Hugs!
That is wonderful advice for any morning. I should follow it, (and soon :-)
What a wonderful & inspirational list. I think that just turned my mood around.
Fantastic ideas - tho you always have fantastic ideas posted. I think if you can manage to wake up happy, in a good mood and feeling vibrant - you've mastered the major hurdle!
Blimey! and here it is, Friday already!!
I think Number 8 is a definite! Helps everyone else too.....
cq
Post a Comment