Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen..What I love about Spring.



Thirteen Things about Lazy Daisy

13 Things Daisy loves about Spring!




  1. I love the first sight of crocus flowers sticking their heads out of the brown grass.
  2. I love the first daffodils waving in the wind.
  3. I love the tulips, forsynthia and dogwood blooms.
  4. I love that Resurrection Easter Sunday is celebrated in the spring.
  5. I love to see nests in the trees filled with eggs.
  6. I love that the grass and the trees starts turning green and put on new leaves.
  7. I love the warmer weather and longer days.
  8. I love liliacs, daylillies and of course dazzling daisies!
  9. I love putting away the winter blankets.
  10. I love digging in the dirt to plant a garden.
  11. I love to see butterflies and bees on the flowers.
  12. I love breaking out the sandals and flip flops.
  13. I love the promise of new life on the earth.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


47 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the lilacs and lilies, the daffodils and daisies.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

We don't have spring here so I can't relate about spring but I can relate with you on things on your list....
Though I haven't seen tulips growing here, I see it at flower shops and I love them.
I do love Easter Sunday too.
I love to see nests in the trees with eggs on it.
I don't love warm weather and longer days of it. Maybe it's because we don't have winter and it's almost always warm here.
Baseball here is not much of a craze. It's basketball.
I love plants and flowers but I don't like digging into the dirt.
I love to see butterflys on the flowers and bees too.
I also love the promise of new life on earth and hoping it would come soon.

My T13 is up too.

Unknown said...

What? Girlfriend, it's summer now!

Bar L. said...

It feels like summer here but I love the things you mentioned!

Anonymous said...

I love my garden. I wait all winter for the first crocus flowers...and the daffodiles, tulips. My Iris are flowering now. I love watching my garden grow!

my tt's are up too

Anonymous said...

i love all those things too. What a great TT!

I'm up.

WendyWings said...

I love the lambs in spring here :)

Tanya said...

I love the butterflies also. Here in the tropics we get huge, brightly coloured ones. They're magical.

My list is up.

Leanne said...

It was 90 degrees here yesterday. Spring just hopped right on by, it looks like! We had to put the AC on! LOL

I just love this time of year. Any time of year where the sun is shining, birds are chirping, butterflies and hummingbirds are hanging out in the wildflower garden, and beautiful flowers are all around - aaaahhhh.

You and your soul sister were on my mind yesterday.

Have a great day!

xo
:D

Melli said...

I love seeing the fruits of everyone else's labor! ( i'm not much of a gardener myself... wish i could afford one! ) But my absolute favorite thing about spring is ... SHORTS! And flip flops!

Becky said...

I love the spring too. I just wish it would get here soon.

Melzie said...

I love when the tree's pop our flowers-- it's FABULOUS! :)

Angie said...

I love Spring too, but that also means that summer is on the way. And it gets so hot here...ugh! I worked in the yard yesterday and it took me all day because of the heat! Now I don't like that!
But the beauty of it all amazes me everytime.

Anonymous said...

Love your list!! A perfect way to begin our day...reading your fantastic 13!!

Drop by if you can and see if you can guess any of my T - 13 list!

Anonymous said...

ditto ditto ditto! Renewal and warm weather. Everything seems brighter.

My post has some opposite images.

Anonymous said...

Spring is a wonderful season!
My TT are up.

Carmen said...

I like seeing the butterflies, but I'm a bit scared of the bees (I'm allergic.) :)

Trinity13 said...

I love my lilacs that are growing right outside my front door. I love smelling them as I walk into my home!

Strong Enough said...

Awww, Spring. We have about two weeks worth of spring here in Florida. I enjoy that time of year, too!

Sherri said...

I LOVE all that too! Hope your day is sunshiny!

...my list is up:)

Misti said...

we don't have winter here so spring is our winter. It's summer here now 109 yesterday.

Froggie said...

I love spring... everything is new and fresh... kinda like a fresh start in life. I love seeing all the flowers starting to come up in bloom. Its so... well, magical.

Got my TT up.

Kim said...

Ahhhh, spring...I really look forward to it, especially after a long, cold Canadian winter! Gotta love the newly sprouting leaves and flowers...and the smell of freshly cut grass.

-tnchick- said...

We seem to be going into Summer early here -well, it feels like it. One thing I don't like about Spring is finding all the dead baby birds in my yard - sooo sad.

Anonymous said...

I love the springy feeling from your blog, especially the falling daisies. How peaceful.

Thanks for visiting me today!

Jo said...

I love the swallows nesting on my back patio (even though my husband always wants to wash down the nest), and I love the cardinals coming to the feeder. I love spring too. Great list!

Lori said...

I have baby birds on my front porch! I love it!

My list is up!

Froggie Mama said...

We skipped right over Spring in Texas this year! It's summertime officially!! I love the flowers, too! When they start blooming... it makes me happy & the grass turning greener, too!

And we have baby birds living in the carport of my school & they are ADORABLE!! I need to get a pic!

A very happy list! :)

Changed by His Love said...

Every girl needs a good looking pair of sandals or flops, most importantly that match the outfit! :)
My TT is up!

Just Nancy said...

I LOVE spring and I miss it now that I live in Louisiana. Spring in the North is so...gentle. Here it's like okay the temps dropped to the 60s - that was winter - back to the 70-80s - hello summer!

My TT is up.

Anonymous said...

And I love this post, reminding me of all I love about this time of year. :) Spring is truly wonderful, isn't it? I love that my baby girl was born in the Spring -- that makes it even better for me!

Unknown said...

I love tulips and Daffodils!We really don't have a Winter, and Summers are just too Hot! So I really enjoy Spring!Have a great TT!

craziequeen said...

Normally I would agree - but we're in our third week of non-stop rain this week..... :-(

That'll teach the govt to issue a drought warning!

cq
My TT is up!

Anonymous said...

I love spring, too and I lover your list! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Uh, that's "love" your list...silly me!

Susan said...

I SO MISS having seasons!!

My TT is up here.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I can find much motr than 12!!! I love spring :)

Renee Nefe said...

I wish our spring came closer to Easter here. I love Resurection Sunday with lots of beautiful flowers coming from the earth. But alas they won't be up for a month after our Lord.

Laura said...

love your reasons too.
my tt is up

Jen said...

I love lilacs, too! I will shamelessly walk onto other people's property to sniff their lilacs. I had my own at our last house, but none here. :-(

Thanks for stopping by!

Muhd Imran said...

I can imagine the excitement you are feeling and the promise of a new life come spring. Enjoy life. Life is wonderful!

Ladybug Crossing said...

I agree! Love your list.
Thanks for dropping by my TT.
xo
LBC

srp said...

I love everything on your list.
I also love the weather that is warm in the day, comfortably cool at night and low in humidity. Those are rare in Mississippi even in the Spring. More of them here in Virginia.

Norma said...

You've nailed it. Exactly what I would list about spring.

My TT is up.

Unknown said...

Spring is such a wonderful time. I think we are in full on summer here now. Spring is always so short in AL. Easter, flowers, picnics, it is a glorious season! Thanks for stopping by my TT yesterday! Have a blessed weekend!

Anonymous said...

Lovely list indeed. I love everything in your list - with spring generally. Unfortenately, the spring paused a bit here and it feels more like autumn for the moment, its cold and rainy. It doesn't look good for the summer - bummer :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

MaR said...

Hi, again! Dropping by to say hello. There is this post of mine I'd love to share with you, whenever you have some time. Have a happy day!

 
design by suckmylolly.com