Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thursday Thirteen....Gifts to your Spouse.




Thirteen Things about Lazy Daisy

13 Gifts for your Spouse.

Mr. Wonderful and I just got back from New York City.
We had a great time and I think these are some of the reasons why.

  1. We went with the purpose of celebrating our daughter's graduation.
  2. We decided in advance not to be pressured by time constraints or job pressures.
  3. We had a designated amout of money available for the trip.
  4. We had a "to do list" of things we wanted to do or see in Manhattan.
  5. We had the route written out plus the "emergency get me through this traffic" number of the world's greatest navigator ( our son-in-law).
  6. We were excited about meeting up with our son and seeing his apartment.
  7. We had something to look forward to every day.
  8. We were able to observe our kids in their work enviorment and see how wonderful they are at their jobs.
  9. We were able to spend some one-on-one time with each of them.
  10. We did "special once in a lifetime treats" without complaining of the time or expense.
  11. We were patient with each other and try to build in "down time" in the routine.
  12. We tried new experiences. (Not all of them good either!)
  13. We went away with new appreciation of the talented young people we raised.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




55 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Those are some great tips and it sounds like you had a great trip. We like to keep things simple too, which is why I hate haveing to see the relatives when we go on trips. Although when we went for DH's family reunion it worked out nicely, my family...they're bad. Maybe that would make a good TT...his family vs mine.

WendyWings said...

It sounds like the trip was a great success on many levels. Once in a lifetime treats are great aren't they !!

YellowRose said...

I'm so glad you and Mr. Wonderful had such a good time in NYC with your kiddos! Great list Miss Daisy!

Happy Thursday! *hugs*

Laura said...

sounds like a great trip.
my tt is up.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Seeing your children successful is one great fulfillment for us parents especially us mothers.
Thanks for dropping by.

Tanya said...

Sounds like a truly memorable trip. Thanks for sharing it.

My list (so meagre by comparison) is up.

MaR said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip, which you will always remember. Happy TT :)

Anonymous said...

We always designate money for our trips too, yet we always go over *sigh*

Mandy :)

Gina said...

I love New York. Your blog is pretty special, too!

Chaotic Mom said...

Yeah! I'm glad you had a good time. NYC is sure one very interesting place, eh? ;)

Unknown said...

Like this list, especially the part about the designated money to spend on the trip...great idea.

BTW...I LOVE hedgehogs!

Angie said...

I so want to go visit NY. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Welcome back home!

Anonymous said...

I love New York! Those are some great tips!
My TT is up.

Kelly said...

I have never been to NYC. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! I need a relaxing vacation!

Great TT!

Domestic CEO said...

Sounds like a great trip! I'll have to remember your tips if DH and I are able to get away anytime soon.

Becky said...

sounds like all in all you had a great time.

Norma said...

This is a great list, and I think I'll just borrow a few for our trips coming up this summer.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Miss Daisy, I am trying to get my TT up and blogger for some reason or other will not publish it here at my parents house. I had it all ready but it says it published but...it does not appear even when I refresh!! I will just keep trying..so nice to hear from you and see how happy your trip was. I am so proud of Suzi!! Sandy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad my son lives in Asheville NC. Just the thought of traffic in Manhattan is making me quesy!! But it would also be exciting. I'd need a tour guide, agent, or interpeter though.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a once in a lifetime experience.

Wow

My T T is up

Carmen said...

Nice list, but I really think the hedgehog image is cute!

Trinity13 said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had a fantastic time! My hubby and I like going places with a certain amount of money so that we don't go over-board...it's way to easy to do so!

Sonya said...

We are trying to plan a trip for just the two of us. Maybe Vegas. Woo-hoo! My T13 is up too!

Shalee said...

#10... I so want to get there! I just don't know how to give that over to God yet.

Melli said...

I knew you enjoyed that trip! Ya know why? Cuz you made ME enjoy it too! I loved seeing all your pictures and reading about what you had done each day! It was wOnderful! Thank you for sharing it! :)

(i didn't play today.)

Unknown said...

Hey! What do you mean about "experiences" and "not all of them good"?!? Say wha?

Tracey said...

I hope that you had fun in NYC, and If you ever get to Saskatoon to visit your Oldest, I would love to meet you and say Hi!

Ashley said...

isn't nyc the best place on earth? i love the energy there! it just amazes me since i am a good ol' small town southern girl.
visit me if you have a chance!

Jackie said...

Sounds like you had a plan, and it turned out well.

Sherri said...

That's a great plan and I'm glad you had such a good trip! You inspire me with all the different things you get to do:)

...thanks for visiting my site!

Jane said...

I am so glad you had a good trip to NYC. I have only been one time and didn't get to stay long. I want to go back someday.
Take care girl....hope to see you soon.
Thanks for visiting my list.

Changed by His Love said...

I love Daisies too!!!
NYC is so awesome...once in a lifetime trip-we went there on our honeymoon!

Bar L. said...

Never been to NYC but it sounds like a great place to visit and that you did it 'right'!!

Lisa said...

It sounds like a great time! :)

Melli said...

I had to come back over today LD - to invite you to my "marathon" this weekend! (I'm going to see how many minutes I can pedal this weekend - and my visitors are invited to guess how I'll do!) I hope you'll stop by!

Frances D said...

So glad you were in my hometown. Now I am wondering if we passed each other on the street LOL
My list is up. Take care, Frances

Kim said...

sounds like a great time...

Anonymous said...

NYC is so awesome. It's got that magic about it that makes you have to do things you've never done or experienced before. It's always worth the money. I am looking forward to taking my youngest girls there someday.

Renee Nefe said...

Thanks for stopping by today. And I do remember that every family is different. I try to keep ours as a blend of the two...but sometimes if DH is around his too long he wants to do things just their way. It took me about a year to convince him that this is MY kitchen...not his mother's. And then even MY mother wanted to change everything around when she was here.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Good approach to keeping it low stress!!

Anonymous said...

Nice list! I am glad you and your honey had such a good time in NYC. And I loved your wordless pic for yesterday.

Chana said...

cool list...mine is up

Wendy Boucher said...

NYC is so fun. I'm glad you had a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Good TT list. My eldest daughter just moved back to NY. Maybe I can visit her some day.

I'm up.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

You know... The reason that your kids are great is not only because you raised them well but because you and your Husband are great too! :)

Have a great one!

Susan said...

This is a GREAT list and true testimony to the strong family ties you have built!! May God continue to bless you.

Thanks for dropping by my TT!!

Just Nancy said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm sure it was.

Thanks for visiting my list!

Heather said...

So glad you had a good time.

Jen said...

That sounds really great. The little'uns are starting to get big enough that we're looking at vacationing more often (than never, really) so it's good to see some positive ideas to make trips go well!

My T13 is up!

Just Me said...

I belive that one-on-one time is so important for keeping a marriage healthy. Sounds like your trip was wonderful.

Hope you had a great TT
Elle xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful trip! That's smart having the list and not putting too much expectation on times. :)

Jennifer said...

how sweet! glad you had a great time with each other and with the little daisies!!!!!

welcome back!!!!

Leanne said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip, and even more glad you're back and have had that long overdue chat with the cat about the mice! ;)

Hugs!!!
xo

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a great list! So glad you had such a great trip! Thanks again for visiting my T-13 last week, and sorry for taking so long to get my butt over here. :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com