Since coming back from New York I've been having trouble with my computer connection.
It has been very frustrating for me as I am behind in reading my favorite blogs.
Ok, call it blog withdrawl......but now that I'm back in the Daisy Patch I'm interested in finding out what's been going on in the blogsphere while I've been away.
I sit down at the computer in my favorite chair, looking over the back yard bird feeder and a disturbing warning comes up......Server Can Not be found.
What? What do you mean it can't be found?....it was just there a moment ago! ( I scream at the computer screen!) Still, despite my protest it won't yield to my wishes.
Ok, I reason......it's mad at me cause I've been gone. So I turn it off, wait a few seconds and restart it! Still it can't find the server. This calls for serious technical service.....I call Mr. Wonderful to the rescue.
After a few moments of wiggling wires , and blaming the cats, he declares it fixed.
I post my Wordless Wednesday. (It's a good thing I didn't have to post a lot of explaination as the server mysteriously went out again.)
This scenerio is repeated several times on Wednesday and finally died this afternoon.
This evening Mr. Wonderful goes to change the wire leading from the server and finds that the reason we have had intermitten service is that a mouse has been nibbling at the cable. The least little bump from me or the animals would cause a loss of signal.
The cable has been changed and we are up and running again. The cats and I have had a serious talk about their responsibilities. The computer is running and all is right in the Daisy Patch once again. The cats are currently on patrol in the basement.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Nibble, Nibble, Like a Mouse.....
Posted by Lazy Daisy at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Those well fed cats never catch the mice. Glad you're back!
I bet Lucy will catch your mouse... otherwise, give your mouse a cookie!
Yep. Take away the Tender Vittles and Fancy Feast for a few days. That mouse will be toast! HA!
Loved hearing about that serious talk with the cats. Happy friday!
I'm having a similar problem, but with my laptop. It's wireless, but even sitting in front my blinking netgear thingy (notice how geeky I am), it can't find a connection.
I've got to figure out something before we go to the Lake, otherwise its 14 miles roundtrip to the library. That would be expensive blogging.
Same here. I get messages telling me that they can't see my post but when I open my blog I see it. Up to this time I haven't fixed it cause I don't know where to start.
Glad everything is okay with yours now.
HA. While you were away I noticed that our mouse disappeared. Bet I know where he went. ;o) Glad everything is in order.
My server has always been acting crazy too but it's not the mouse. It's the company.
Well, I hope you barred the mouse from entering your home EVER again. Maybe a little sign "Mice are not welcome" strategically placed would be helpful!!!!
Glad you found the problem and are back online.
Have a great day my friend.
Blogger is playing up a bit too....
Hi Daisy, I'm also back in blogland after my stint in [spit] Birmingham....
With the cats on patrol, I hope you are ready for the 'Gifts' coming your way!
:-)
cq
happy friday! good luck!!!
Get those cats back with the program!! We can't have you behind in your blog reading!
Welcome back and I'm glad your machine is running smoothly once again!
LBC
Some cats are highly overrated in their mousing ability. I know our cats would either be scared and run or think they were a catnip toy and just play with them. I don't think the concept of killing and eating them would ever cross their little walnut sized minds.
Glad to have you back! I've been keeping up on your New York trip... wow... it must have been wonderful there. :)
Hehe.... I'm sorry... Can't help but laugh at the wire being chewed by a mouse. My family used to have mouse problems. We found the culprit. The cat like to bring in live mice and release them in the house. sigh... cats these days. Just have it too easy, eh?
LOL those cats better get to work!! I can't have you not connecting!!
Post a Comment