Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Daisy Patch.....here I come!

It's a very rainy day in New York Today. We are headed home so will be driving in the rain most of the day. We've had a wonderful time here in the Big Apple and it makes me sad to leave two of my children behind.

It thrills me to know that they are thriving in a huge city that never sleeps. The transition is complete....they've flown from the nest and are making their own way, paying their bills, and even taking Mom and Dad out!

The Big Apple isn't all that big! Manhattan is actually only 12.5 miles long. However, 1.6 million people live on that island and 8 million in New York City. That's a lot of people for this country girl. I'm looking forward to getting back to a simplier life style and lots more elbow room.

My little country cottage, vegetable garden and flower patch are looking really good right now.
Hope to catch ya later today........back in my own daisy patch!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

There are three warm bodies waiting to greet you! Great pics. Speaking of home...take a look at me today.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Great be careful. I am heading out this afternoon on the BIG airplane to Illinois. keep in touch...Sandy

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I loved seeing the pictures of your kiddos. You've done good, Daisy. Praying for a safe trip home. Are you home to stay for awhile?

MaR said...

How nice that you could spend some time in the big city with your children. Have a safe trip back home.

Renee Nefe said...

Sounds like you had a nice trip and enjoyed yourself.

Have a safe trip home.

I gotta go work on my veggie garden today. Maybe by this weekend I'll get it all planted. Can't wait for the fresh veggies.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

It hurts for mothers to leave their kids behind although they are old enough. Being a mother is not so easy. But things have to change somehow. Though we know they will brave all storms in the city, we still worry.
Happy Mother's Day.

srp said...

Now I am even more excited to do my return visit to NYC. Like you, I wouldn't want to live there but it is such a fun place to visit. I am most looking forward to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and the art museums. To be able to sit for more than two minutes just studying the masterpieces without having to hurry is what I long for. That's the way we did the Ufizzi in Florence. It was heavenly.

 
design by suckmylolly.com